Electrophysiology (EP) is a catheter study of the electrical properties of the biological cells and tissues. It involves measurements of voltage change or electrical current flow on a wide variety of scales from single ion channel proteins to whole tissues like the heart. EP studies are designed to evaluate and diagnose rhythm disturbances, perform catheter ablation treatment (if indicated), and determine risk stratification for high risk patients.
Copyright 2012 The Children’s Heart Clinic. All Rights Reserved.
Located in the Twin Cities, the Electrophysiology lab at Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota offers:
- Only dedicated Pediatric electrophysiology lab in the upper Midwest
- more than 2,000 ablations between Dr. Burton and Dr. Carter
- Pacemaker and defibrillator implantation
- Advanced three dimentional mapping
- Radiofrequency and cryotherapy technology for ablation of supraventricular and ventricular arrhythmia substrates